This is like an “everything but the kitchen sink” kind of soup. Just use any veggies that you have on hand! You can use frozen vegetables too.
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- cracked red pepper
- cracked black pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken stock and vegetables into a large stock pot.
- Heat over medium high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer vegetables until they are fork tender. About 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth. I had to do this in batches and pour the blended mixture into a large bowl until everything was blended. Transfer the pureed vegetables back into the stock pot.
- Add the heavy cream to the pureed vegetables, stir to combine and let heat through before serving.
- Drizzle the top of each bowl with olive oil, cracked red and black pepper and chopped chives.
- Serve with a side of toasted french bread.