Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Steel Cut Oatmeal is easy to make and super delicious too. When I first tried steel cut oats I could barely eat them. They were the most bland food I had ever put in my mouth. I think I tried to sweeten it up with some brown sugar and cinnamon but I just couldn’t stomach it. I learned how to make them in a slow cooker with flavors and spices and now they are a part of my regular breakfast menu. This recipe makes enough for me to eat breakfast throughout the entire week. I just throw everything in the slow cooker and wake up to a delicious hot breakfast.
Check out my recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal too!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 7 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- almond slices and extra dried cranberries for topping optional
- Place all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on the WARM setting overnight or 8 hours.