I love cheese danishes, especially when they have cream cheese and fruit in the filling. My daughter was craving some this past week so we came up with a way to make them using some left over cranberry sauce. These tasty little treats are super easy to make.
Start by rolling out a sheet of puff pastry dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Cut into six rectangles and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Pierce the center of the pastry with the tongs of a fork and brush with egg wash.
Place a spoonful of cream cheese filling and cranberry sauce in the center of each rectangle.
Bake at 375° for about 13-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!
These cranberry cheese danishes are so flaky and delicious. I made them for breakfast but they would be great for dessert too!Print
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry and cut into 6 rectangles
- Pierce the center of the rectangles, leaving a 1/2 inch border unpierced
- brush the pastry with the egg
- Place 2 tsp of the cream cheese filling into the pierced portion of the pastry
- Place 1 tsp of cranberry sauce on top of the cheese filling
- Repeat steps with the second sheet of puff pastry
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar