This Citrus Marinated Salmon, with a perfectly balanced orange and ginger flavored marinade, is an easy and delicious dish that’s in and out of the oven in less than 20 minutes! The whole family will enjoy this healthy weeknight dinner!
How to Make Citrus Marinated Salmon
The marinade for this salmon is super simple. It consists of fresh orange and lemon juice, olive oil, coriander, ginger and a little salt and pepper.
Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl and pour it over fresh salmon filets in a baking dish.
Let the salmon soak up all of the wonderful flavors of the marinade for an hour while it chills in the fridge.
When you are ready to start cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and take the salmon out of the fridge to come to room temperature. Pour off the marinade and bake for 15-20 minutes. Once the salmon has finished baking, sprinkle the top with fresh cut basil and Orange Pepper Relish.
How to Make Orange Pepper Relish
The relish is easy to make while the salmon is marinating. Simply cut up the ingredients, toss them together in a small bowl and let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Tips for making Citrus Marinated Salmon:
- Don’t want to use the oven? Instead of baking the salmon, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the salmon in a little olive oil on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Salmon is perfect served with a side of citrus basil rice and steamed vegetables.
- Make sure to remove any bones before baking the fish.
- Buy only wild-caught salmon!
More delicious weeknight seafood recipes:
- One-Pan Salmon with Brussel Sprouts
- Salmon with Kale and Brown Rice
- New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
- Shrimp and Cheese Ravioli
This Citrus Marinated Salmon, with a perfectly balanced orange and ginger flavored marinade, is an easy and delicious dish that’s in and out of the oven in less than 20 minutes!
Citrus Marinated Salmon
- 1 lb. fresh salmon, wild-caught
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of two lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
Orange Pepper Relish
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cut the salmon into 4 equal portions and place into a baking dish.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over the salmon. Cover and let chill in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare the Orange Pepper Relish by removing sections of oranges and cutting into small pieces. Toss with remaining relish ingredients in a small bowl and place in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
- Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees and take salmon out of fridge to come to room temperature. Drain off excess marinade before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and top with relish and fresh basil. Serve hot.
This recipe was originally posted in March, 2015 and updated in June 2018.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 23
Keywords: salmon recipe, easy salmon dinner