Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is the homemade version of Nutella. Only 3 ingredients are needed for this delicious spread!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- After the hazelnuts have cooled, place them onto a kitchen towel, bring them into a ball and rub the outside of the towel to remove the skins.
- To make powdered coconut sugar, place the coconut sugar into a coffee grinder and grind until it’s a fine powder.
- Place the hazelnuts into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Taste to see if extra sugar is needed.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Regular sugar can be used instead of coconut sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder can be used instead of raw cacao powder
Keywords: Homemade Nutella, healthy nutella recipe