This healthy and delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Spread has only 3 ingredients and can be made in a high speed blender or food processor! It’s dairy free and super easy to make!
This week in my kitchen, it’s all about chocolate! I guess that’s because Valentine’s Day is next week and who doesn’t think of chocolate during this time of the year??
I’m into simple and easy when it comes to any kind of recipe and the wonderful thing about this recipe is that you only need 3 ingredients! Roasted hazelnuts, raw cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
How to make homemade chocolate hazelnut spread:
You’ll want to roast your hazelnuts to help remove moisture and to bring out their flavor. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, spread the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes. Once they have cooled, wrap them into a kitchen towel and rub the outside of the towel to help remove their skins.
To create the smoothest spread possible place the coconut sugar in a coffee grinder and grind until it’s a fine powdered sugar.
Next, place the roasted hazelnuts into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This could take several minutes depending on the power of the blender you are using. Add the cacao powder and the powdered sugar and blend until well combined.
Pour the chocolate hazelnut spread into a container and cover. Store in the fridge for up to a month!
I like to use a ratio of 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon of cacao powder and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. You can add more sugar if you don’t find this ratio sweet enough!
If you don’t have cacao powder, you can use cocoa powder instead.Print
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is the homemade version of Nutella. Only 3 ingredients are needed for this delicious spread!
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- After the hazelnuts have cooled, place them onto a kitchen towel, bring them into a ball and rub the outside of the towel to remove the skins.
- To make powdered coconut sugar, place the coconut sugar into a coffee grinder and grind until it’s a fine powder.
- Place the hazelnuts into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Taste to see if extra sugar is needed.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Regular sugar can be used instead of coconut sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder can be used instead of raw cacao powder
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: Homemade Nutella, healthy nutella recipe