This simple and delicious recipe for Chipotle Meatballs uses lean, grass-fed beef and is gluten and grain-free! These meatballs have less than ten ingredients and you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing a quick and easy dinner recipe for Chipotle Meatballs. You’ll love the simple ingredient list and the addition of chipotle chili pepper. This spice gives them a little kick which pairs perfectly with a side dish like these chipotle mashed sweet potatoes!
What’s the easiest way to make meatballs?
- Start out with simple, quality ingredients! All you need is a pound of grass-fed beef, diced red onion, one egg, almond meal, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, chopped fresh parsley and salt. Throw everything into a large mixing bowl and use your hands to combine everything together.
- To make uniform, 1 inch sized meatballs, use a cookie scoop to measure the portions. Roll the portions between your palms to create a ball shape.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. (You should get about 26-27 balls.)
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
These meatballs are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner option and left-overs can be used for meal prep! Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can meatballs be cooked in an air fryer?
Yes! I love cooking these chipotle meatballs in my air fryer! Place the balls into the basket with about half an inch of space in between each meatball. Cook at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes!
If you love air fryer recipes, check out this amazing recipe for Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken. It tastes just like a rotisserie chicken from the store!
I’m allergic to nuts, can I substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs for the almond meal?
Yes! Replace the almond meal with gluten-free breadcrumbs.Print
A simple and easy chipotle meatball recipe that can be made in the oven or the air fryer!
- 1 lb. ground grass-fed beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup almond meal (finely ground)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the ingredients into a mixing bowl and use your hands to thoroughly combine. Check the consistency of the mixture by squeezing some in your hands. If the mixture doesn’t stick together enough to hold it’s shape, add a tablespoon of almond meal at a time until you get the right consistency.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 1 tablespoon portions. Roll the portion between your palms to shape into a ball. Place the meatballs onto the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove and serve immediately. Store left-overs in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serve with creamy chipotle sauce, chipotle mashed sweet potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts.
If using an air fryer, cook the meatballs at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Keywords: easy meatballs, air fryer meatballs