Chipotle Sweet Mashed Potatoes are a delicious side dish that’s ready in under 30 minutes. The chipotle chili powder gives a savory kick to this sweet side dish!
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh herbs – optional for garnish. Choose from parsley, cilantro or basil.
- Steam the sweet potato pieces, covered for 15 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer basket, boil the sweet potatoes until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Place the steamed sweet potatoes, butter, chipotle chili powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Mash the ingredients together with a hand held potato masher or a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired before serving.
Keywords: side dish recipe, easy side dish, healthy side dish