This recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate in comfort food and it’s incredibly easy to make!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1–1.5 lbs. cooked, shredded chicken or the meat from 1 small rotisserie chicken
- In a large stock-pot, melt the butter and saute the diced onion and celery for 8-10 minutes to soften. Add the salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and garlic powder and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and carrots to the stock-pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes to soften the carrots.
- Next add the egg noodles and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until heated through. Taste and add more salt if desired.
I recommend using reduced-sodium chicken stock so that you have more control on the amount of salt in this recipe.
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, classic chicken noodle soup recipe