- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 12-16 oz. box of penne pasta
- 1 16 oz. jar alfredo sauce
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 packet of ranch flavored dressing mix
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked till crispy and chopped up. Put a little aside to sprinkle on top of the casserole before baking. (I use the REAL bacon bits in the little 4.5 oz. bag when I don’t have much time)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided in half
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ casserole baking dish.
- Cook the pasta according to box directions to the “al dente” stage. Usually around 10 minutes for penne. Drain and set aside.
- If you don’t have any left over cooked chicken, either grab a rotisserie from the store … something I do pretty often … or … just cut up a couple of chicken breasts into small pieces. Sprinkle with a little seasoned salt and brown in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
- In a large bowl stir together the alfredo sauce, sour cream, ranch flavoring, bacon pieces and 1 cup of the swiss cheese.
- Add the pasta and chicken. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, top with the remaining swiss cheese and baking bits.
- Go watch your favorite TV show while it bakes for 25-30 minutes or until it is bubbly and the top is starting to turn golden brown.
- Look into the oven … careful … don’t singe your eyebrows … smile…Dinner is ready.
- Carefully remove the delicious casserole from the oven and serve immediately with a side of french bread.