Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is great recipe for feeding a large family or hungry kiddos during busy weeknights!
It's made by combining their favorites like chicken, alfredo sauce, ranch seasoning and bacon into a hot and cheesy casserole that's bursting with flavor!
Sometimes you just need a recipe that's quick, trustworthy and one that you know everyone will be happy about.
This chicken bacon ranch casserole IS that recipe! Seriously, what kid doesn't ask for chicken, bacon and ranch at least once a week?
This casserole is "semi-homemade" which makes it quick and easy to throw together in a flash. You probably have all of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry right now!
- 2 cooked chicken breasts or 1 lb. of shredded chicken.
- 1 (16oz.) jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb. of penne pasta - boil according to package directions until al dente.
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits or 4 strips of crispy bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
This is a dump, stir and bake kind of recipe. The kind that we mothers love to have on hand for nights when we've had a long day and everyone is hungry.
Assemble this chicken bacon ranch pasta a day ahead of time and stick it in the fridge. When you get home from work it will be ready for the oven and your kids will be really happy.
How to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, ranch seasoning, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, bacon, milk and sour cream. Stir to combine. (Reserve 1 cup cheese and some bacon bits for the top of casserole)
Add the cooked chicken and boiled pasta and toss to coat evenly.
Pour the mixture into a lightly greased, 9" x 13" baking dish and top with remaining cheese and bacon.
Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is starting to brown on top. Top with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This casserole can be assembled in a freezer-safe baking dish and frozen to bake later. Wrap the casserole in 2 layers plastic wrap and 1 layer of foil. Label and date the dish and freeze up to 3 months.
When you are ready to bake, let the casserole thaw in the fridge overnight and bake according to directions.
Other recipes you may like:
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Shrimp with Cheese Ravioli
Did you make this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 16 oz. alfredo sauce (1 jar)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 packet of ranch flavored dressing mix
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits (or 4 strips of crispy bacon chopped into pieces)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (divided in half)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375° and lightly grease a 9" x 13" casserole baking dish.
- Boil the pasta according to box directions to the "al dente" stage. Usually around 10 minutes for penne. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the alfredo sauce, sour cream, ranch flavoring, bacon pieces and 1 cup of the Swiss cheese. Add the pasta and chicken. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, top with the remaining Swiss cheese and baking bits. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top and starting to brown. Top with parsley and serve.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- This casserole can be assembled in a freezer-safe baking dish and frozen to bake later. Wrap the casserole in 2 layers plastic wrap and 1 layer of foil. Label and date the dish and freeze up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to bake, let the casserole thaw in the fridge overnight and bake according to directions.