The BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies! Thick, bakery-style chocolate chip cookies are extra soft and chewy, loaded with ooey-gooey chocolate centers that bake up perfect every time!
Everyone needs the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe on hand for when the mood strikes! I mean seriously … what is better than freshly baked chewy chocolate chip cookies?
If I had a nickel for every batch of chocolate chip cookies I’ve made in my life, I swear I’d be a millionaire! I have a son that I have spoiled rotten with chocolate chip cookies his entire life. Ask any of his friends and they will tell you that these are the BEST chewy chocolate chip cookies EVER!
These chocolate chip cookies stay moist for days. If they last that long! They have passed a very strict panel of judges and have been voted as “The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever”!
The most important advice I can give you when making chocolate chip cookies, is to chill the dough. I prefer to scoop 1 tablespoon mounds onto a baking sheet and pop it into the fridge for an hour or so. This helps the butter to harden back up and the cookies seem to spread perfectly when baked.
I’m giving you a warning…there’s no way you can eat just one! They are highly addictive!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or an electric mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place 1-2 tablespoon mounds onto the parchment paper about 2 inches apart. (Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes for optimal results)
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.