This is the perfect low carb side dish! Some people call it Keto Mac and Cheese.
- 24 oz. frozen riced cauliflower, thaw before using
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (about half of a medium onion)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 teaspoon better than bouillon, beef flavored
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onions until translucent. Add the garlic powder and better than bouillon and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Once it is heated through, add half of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss the riced cauliflower into the cheese mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 1 quart dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
- Garnish with chives. (optional)
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 375 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 14 g