Looking for a low carb recipe that you can serve any time of the year? This low-carb Cauliflower Casserole, or otherwise known as, keto mac and cheese, is the perfect low carb side-dish! It’s creamy … luscious … and extremely satisfying. You’re going to love how delicious and easy it is to make!
This Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect low carb side-dish to go along with any meal. With only 8 ingredients, it’s an easy and delicious, “keto mac and cheese” that’s ready in under 45 minutes. It’s a great make ahead recipe that you can freeze and reheat when you’re ready to serve!
How to make Cauliflower Casserole:
- You’ll want to preheat your oven to 350 and heat a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions in butter until they are soft and translucent. Add the garlic powder and bouillon and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and add half of the cheese, stirring until melted. Toss in the cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, making sure the top is bubbly. Garnish with chives.
Tips for making Cauliflower Casserole:
- Buy the frozen cauliflower rice to make this recipe super easy. If you want to use fresh cauliflower, use a food processor to chop one head of cabbage into small pieces.
- Make ahead of time and freeze. Let thaw in the fridge overnight before baking.
- Better than Bouillon is my favorite brand, but you can use powdered bouillon if you prefer.
- Add cooked chicken pieces to make a complete meal.
- 24 oz. frozen riced cauliflower, thaw before using
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (about half of a medium onion)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 teaspoon better than bouillon, beef flavored
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onions until translucent. Add the garlic powder and better than bouillon and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Once it is heated through, add half of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss the riced cauliflower into the cheese mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 1 quart dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
- Garnish with chives. (optional)
My recipe for Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp Dip is also low carb if you don’t use the french bread slices!