“The perfect low carb side-dish to go along with that holiday ham!”
Looking for a low carb recipe that you can serve any time of the year? This low carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese or what some call keto mac and cheese is the perfect low carb side-dish!
It’s creamy … luscious … and extremely satisfying. You’re going to love how delicious and easy it is to make!
Um … let’s see … cheese … butter … heavy cream …
Yes please! Cheese on my cauliflower is my favorite way to eat my veggies! How could this combination possibly get any better?
Do you remember when you were little and your mom smothered your cauliflower with cheese so that you would eat it??
Well who knew it was actually healthy?
This is the perfect low carb side dish! Some people call it Keto Mac and Cheese. Whatever you call it … it’s amazing!
- 24 oz. frozen riced cauliflower, thaw before using
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 100 g onion, chopped (about half of a medium onion)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 teaspoon better than bouillon, beef flavored
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic powder and better than bouillon and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Once it is heated through, add half of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss the riced cauliflower into the cheese mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 1 quart dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the casserole is heated through.
- Garnish with chives. (optional)
- Calories: 375 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 14 g
My recipe for Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp Dip is also low carb if you don’t use the french bread slices!