Candied Nuts with Rosemary is a sweet and savory appetizer that is easy to make and perfect for holiday parties. It’s a delicious gluten-free appetizer that everyone will love!
This is a healthy on the go snack that you can easily throw in your purse or backpack. It’s holiday shopping season so don’t get caught off guard! Be prepared to fight off those hunger pains with a baggie full of these candied rosemary nuts.
What ingredients are in Candied Nuts?
- egg whites
- nuts (any variety)
- light brown sugar
- minced fresh rosemary (optional)
How to make Candied Nuts with rosemary.
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg white and water together until combined. Pour the nuts into the egg white and toss to coat evenly. Add the brown sugar and chopped rosemary and stir again to make sure everything is evenly coated.
Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
Bake for 15 minutes, stir the mixture around and then continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the nuts to cool completely before transferring to a container for storing.
They roast up in no time and stay fresh for days. They make an excellent Christmas gift too!
This is a healthier version of the delicious holiday treat. It has half the sugar than most recipes, but the addition of rosemary gives these tiny little morsels a twist that will satisfy even the strongest sugar cravings!
Other recipes you might like to try!
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- Deviled Eggs
- Hot Baked Onion Dip
- Crab Meat au Gratin
- Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp Dip
Did you make this recipe for Candied Nuts with Rosemary? Let me know what you think by leaving a rating in the comment section below!
Candied Nuts with Rosemary
- 1 egg white
- 1 T water
- 2 cups nuts, any variety
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg white with water. Pour the nuts into the egg white mixture and toss to coat.
- Add the brown sugar and rosemary and toss again to make sure the nuts are coated evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.