This grilled cheese sandwich is made with 3 types of cheese and a butter/mayo spread that makes this the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich!!
- Prepare the butter and mayo spread. In a small bowl, mix the butter and mayo together until smooth.
- Assemble sandwiches. Lay the bread slices onto a cutting board. Spread each slice of bread on one side with the butter/mayo mixture. Turn 4 of the slices over and evenly distribute the cheese mixture on top. Place the remaining bread slices on top of the cheese with the buttered side facing up.
- Cook sandwiches. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Place two sandwiches in the skillet and place a lid on top to help weight them down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, checking to make sure the bread is browning slowly and evenly. Flip over, press down with the lid and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet, repeat with remaining sandwiches and serve immediately.
- Use a heavy lid that is smaller than the skillet you are using.
- If you can’t find sourdough bread, you can use any bread you have on hand!
- Serve with tomato soup for the perfect comfort meal.
Keywords: ultimate grilled cheese, grilled cheese sandwich