- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees, then grease and line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix in the juice of one lemon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla paste and one egg and beat until incorporated.
- Add the second egg and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together and add to the wet ingredients. Beat until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the mashed bananas.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes. The top should be golden brown. Moist crumbs should cling to a toothpick inserted into the center when it’s done.
- Once baked, place a towel in the freezer and put the banana cake on top for 45 minutes. Remove and then let cool completely before frosting.