This recipe makes 12 jumbo banana chocolate chip muffins!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (can substitute with vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups ripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar and add eggs and vanilla and whisk until fully combined.
- Stir in the mashed bananas with a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the liners to the top with the batter, sprinkle sanding sugar on top of the batter and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 7-8 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove and let cool before removing the muffins.
If you are using regular wheat flour, increase the baking time to 12-15 minutes after you lower the temperature to 350 degrees.