“Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are gluten free and so moist and delicious!”
Oh my gosh you guys …
Seriously … these banana chocolate chip muffins are my fav right now. I can’t get enough of them!
Check out that sweet crunchy topping!
This is the perfect recipe to use if you have ripe or frozen bananas on hand. I’ve made these muffins two different ways … with regular flour and again with Krusteaz gluten free flour blend.
I honestly can not tell the difference between the two … so if you need a good pre-made gluten free flour mix, this is a good brand to use.
I do have a recipe for gluten free all purpose flour blend. This is a great blend for those gluten free folks that like to bake a lot!
The muffins are baked at 400 degrees for 8 minutes before turning the oven down to 350 degrees for another 7 minutes or so for gluten free or 12 minutes with regular wheat flour. This allows the muffins to rise and get crunchy on top without over baking the middle.
I find that gluten free flour tends to bake quicker and be on the drier side … but … with the bananas and coconut oil in these babies … you won’t have to worry about that one bit!
I love to use sanding sugar on top of muffins because of the sweet crunch it gives but that’s totally optional!
Have a great weekend!Print
This recipe makes 12 jumbo banana chocolate chip muffins!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (can substitute with vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups ripe bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with liners.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar and add eggs and vanilla and whisk until fully combined.
- Stir in the mashed bananas with a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the liners to the top with the batter, sprinkle sanding sugar on top of the batter and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 7-8 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove and let cool before removing the muffins.
If you are using regular wheat flour, increase the baking time to 12-15 minutes after you lower the temperature to 350 degrees.