A delicious and easy to make alternative to store bought mayonnaise. Can be made with extra light tasting olive oil instead of avocado oil.
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon or stone ground mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place ingredients into a wide mouth mason jar.
- Stick the immersion blender into the jar all the way to the bottom. Blend for about 10-20 seconds and slowly lift the blender up and down until everything is blended and the mixture has become thick and emulsified. This should only take about one minute to complete.
- Cover with lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. It will stay good for up to a week.
If you do not have an immersion blender, use a whisk to slowly emulsify the avocado oil and egg together until thick and creamy. Pour the avocado oil slowly in a steady stream into a bowl with the egg. Once the mixture is thickened, add the remaining ingredients and continue to whisk until completely incorporated.
Keywords: healthy mayo, easy mayo