Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken is so moist and tender on the inside and has a crispy skin that taste just like store-bought rotisserie chicken!
It takes less than 5 minutes to prep and under 1 hour in the air fryer for a delicious and healthy protein your family will love!
Have you tried an air fryer yet? I love my air fryer!
I use it several times a week to make recipes like Sweet Potato Toast and other roasted vegetables.
And now I'm learning that it's amazing for cooking meat like this recipe for Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken.
If you like rotisserie style chicken, you're going to love this recipe.
Use it to prep a weeks worth of lunches with our Rotisserie Chicken Meal Prep for a weeks worth of healthy lunches or dinners!
How do you make air fryer whole roasted chicken?
- Rub the outside of a 4 to 5 lb. chicken with a healthy oil like coconut oil, olive oil or avocado oil. I lightly spray the outside with my avocado oil cooking spray to make this part super easy. Next, coat the outside of the chicken with a generous amount of seasonings, at least 1 tablespoon. You can use whatever flavors you like!
- Place the chicken with the breast side down in the basket of the air fryer. Set the temperature to 360 degrees for 20 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use a pair of kitchen tongs to turn the chicken over, breast side up, and cook an additional 20 minutes at 360 degrees. Once the time is up, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken meat is at least 165 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board or platter and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
You will love how juicy and delicious this chicken turns out!
I would suggest only using 1 teaspoon of salt along with 2 teaspoons of different seasonings. Some good flavor combinations to season the chicken with are:
- lemon pepper and garlic powder
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- salt, garlic powder and rosemary
- lemon pepper and thyme
- cumin, paprika, garlic powder and salt
Recipes to make with leftover chicken
- Best Chicken Salad
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Air Fryer Whole Roasted Chicken
Rate this recipe!
- 5 quart Air Fryer
- 4-5 lb. whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil or cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite seasonings
- Prepare the chicken: Spray the outside of the chicken with cooking spray to help the seasonings stick. Generously rub your choice of seasoning on the outside of the chicken.
- Cook: Place the chicken, breast side down, in the air fryer basket. Cook at 360 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook for an additional 20 minutes at 360 degrees. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- Let Rest: Use a set of kitchen tongs to carefully remove the chicken and transfer it to a cutting board or serving platter. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- To Store: Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze: Place leftover chicken in a freezer-safe container. Keep frozen for up to 6 months.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.