walnut and blueberry granola
Hey everyone! I can not even begin to explain how busy I’ve been over the last month. So many exciting things going on at the Duska household these days! I’ve been meaning to get this recipe out but hadn’t had the time to sit down and write anything …so here I go … short and sweet.
One of the beautiful things about granola recipes is that they are so darn easy to make and super healthy too. This granola recipe is low in sugar and fat but still has so much flavor. A handful of this yummy concoction is packed with so much nutrition! Walnuts, dried blueberries, shredded coconut and coconut oil … all full of micro-nutrients … you know, vitamins and minerals.
Looking for a healthy breakfast? Walnut and blueberry granola is amazing over yogurt. Get whatever kind of yogurt you like … regular or dairy-free. Either way you’re gonna love this stuff!
Make this batch walnut and blueberry granola and you’ll have a nutritious breakfast or snack to grab whenever you’re in a rush. Put a handful into a little plastic baggie and throw it in your purse or computer bag for a smart snack when those munchies start to hit in the afternoon.
Store in an air-tight container to keep it fresh!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 T honey
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- yogurt for parfait
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a couple of baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, walnuts, coconut and light brown sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Mix the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly combined. (Do not add the dried blueberries. You will add them after the mixture has cooled)
- Divide the mixture in half and pour onto the two baking sheets in a thin, even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring the mixture every 15-20 minutes to make sure it browns evenly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a heat safe counter-top.
- Store in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to make your parfait, layer the granola and yogurt into a bowl and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.