It’s almost Mother’s Day … and what mom wouldn’t want a plate of over-the-top … Ultimate Brioche French Toast to make her feel extra special???
I know I sure would!
Doesn’t this Ultimate Brioche French Toast look totally divine?? I mean seriously, watch my video to see how easy it is to make this crunchy golden crust of goodness!
I made a loaf of homemade brioche bread earlier this week and all I could think about was turning it into the most decadent french toast I could imagine for a Mother’s Day brunch.
Rich and buttery brioche bread, stuffed with fresh bananas and creamy hazelnut spread and then coated with a crunchy walnut and corn flake topping. Of course it’s pan fried in butter to make sure it’s extra delicious!
Ummmm … yes please!
I used my brioche recipe to make this crazy decadent … sea of sinfulness but I know not everyone is into baking bread from scratch. You can still make this awesome brioche french toast by picking up a loaf of brioche from your local bakery!Print
Ultimate Brioche French Toast
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 8 slices of brioche bread with a slit cut in the middle for the stuffing
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- butter for frying the toast
Crunchy Nut Coating
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 jar hazelnut spread
- 2-3 fresh bananas, sliced
Marscapone Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. marscapone cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- In a food processor, pulse the corn flakes and the walnuts together and then transfer them to a plate or shallow baking dish.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla extract.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stuff each piece of bread with hazelnut spread and bananas.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture making sure to coat the entire surface.
- Dip the egg coated bread into the cornflake and walnut mixture until the bread is fully coated. Press the cornflakes onto the bread to make sure they stay in place.
- Fry the bread in the skillet about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate.
Marscapone Whipped Cream
- Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks start to form.
- Add the vanilla extract and marscapone cheese and continue to beat until smooth.
Top the french toast with bananas, whipped cream and maple syrup