Looking for a new sugar cookie recipe? You’ve got to try this one out! This cookie is soft and chewy…. just how I like them. I bet you’re wondering what makes them different? Well there are two things…One is the use of light brown sugar. That’s where the name “blondie” comes from due to the fact that they are a light brownish color. Normally sugar cookies only use white sugar but adding light brown sugar makes them extra chewy.
The other “secret ingredient” is the addition of cheesecake flavored jello to the batter which gives it more depth of flavor.
They are perfect for gift baskets because they are easy to make and stay moist for days.
In the end, all I can say is this is one yummy cookie!
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3.4 oz. pack of cheesecake flavored jello
- ½ cup sugar for coating the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture becomes light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed
- Add the jello and keep mixing until it is fully incorporated
- Add the dry mixture a third at a time until mixed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place ½ cup sugar on a plate
- Using a cookie scoop, take 1-2 tablespoon scoops and roll them into a ball with your hands
- Cover them in sugar by rolling them around on the plate of sugar
- Place them onto the parchment paper about 2 inches apart
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
- For best results, place dough in refrigerator overnight or for at least 30 minutes before baking
Looking for other cookie recipes? Check out my cookie section!