Today I want to prove to you that it doesn’t take a lot of time, money or effort to put together a beautiful dessert that you can be proud to serve to anyone. I know this pumpkin spice star bread looks challenging and maybe even time consuming, but, you can have it in the oven in about 20 minutes, tops.
Want a dessert to bring to a holiday or office party? Present this big, beautiful star pastry and you are guaranteed to get plenty of compliments. Everyone will be asking you where you bought such a stunning dessert. Just go ahead and brag and tell them you made it yourself. Trust me, no one will ever know how easy it was to make, unless you tell them!
I’ve included an instructional picture in the recipe to explain how to braid the bread. I will try to make a video to make it easier to understand. I hope you enjoy!
P.S. If you like this recipe I’d love it if you shared it with your friends. Thank you!Print
- 2 rolls of refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, light brown sugar, pumpkin spice and cinnamon
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut out 4 circles, 2 from each roll, all the same size. I used a paper plate for my template.
- Place a circle onto the parchment paper and spread 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture evenly over the dough
- Continue to layer the dough with the pumpkin mixture two more times and finish with the 4th circle on top
- Place a cup, upside down in the center of the dough
- Make cuts from the outside of the edge of the cup to the outer edge of the dough at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock
- Cut each of these into four pieces for a total of 16 pieces
- Take two pieces that are side by side, fold them away from each other twice and then pinch the ends to seal them together. Repeat for remaining pieces
- Brush the top of the dough with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar (optional)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown