Can someone please tell me what’s better than pumpkin and cream cheese when fall rolls around?
Baking is one of my favorite things to do and when the cool weather starts to blow in… my oven goes into over-drive!
The smell of spiced breads and cookies brings me straight back to my childhood. I can’t help but think of all the wonderful memories my mom made for me and my siblings, baking up a storm in the kitchen. I remember coming home from school on cold days to my mom baking the most wonderful homemade bread.
There’s nothing like the smell of cinnamon coming from the oven to make you feel warm and cozy.
You’re gonna love this recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Monkey Bread. It’s so easy to make and it’s perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cans of regular biscuits
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T melted butter
- 2 T milk
- Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly spray your bunt pan with cooking spray
- Mix the granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a plastic bag and set aside
- Cut the uncooked biscuits into quarters and then place them into the plastic bag
- Shake the bag, making sure to coat the biscuits well and then arrange them in the bunt pan
- Place the light brown sugar, butter, pumpkin and cream cheese in a heavy saucepan and heat until melted. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth and then pour over the biscuits
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a plate
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, butter and milk until smooth
- Glaze and serve!