Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and all I can think of is desserts! One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and raspberry and these little heart hand pies are filled with both. I love the way hand pies are so cute and rustic looking, and best of all they are so easy to put together.
You only need 4 simple ingredients to get these going. Pre-made pie crust, chocolate chips, raspberry pie filling (or preserves) and an egg. Cookie cutters make it easy to cut out the heart shapes from the pie crust.
Plan to make a double batch of these little pies because they won’t last long. Here’s to the sweetest day of the year, Valentines Day!
Heart Hand Pies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14
- 2 pre made refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 oz. chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons raspberry pie filling or preserves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out an even number of heart shapes from the pie crust
- Place a layer of hearts onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- In the center of each heart place a teaspoon of raspberry filling and about 3-4 chocolate chips
- Brush the edges with egg wash
- Place a heart shape pastry on top of each one and seal the edges with a fork
- Cut a slit in the top of each pastry to allow steam to escape while baking
- Brush the top of each pastry with the egg wash
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or room temperature