Welcome to The 12 Days of Gluten Free Christmas Goodies series!
The first cookie on the list is a delicious Gluten Free Red Velvet Sugar Cookie. It’s made with gluten free flour and also contains coconut oil which is a very healthy fat that our bodies need.
Baking gluten free is so easy! You can find many brands of premixed all purpose gluten free flour in just about any grocery store these days. For this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour and I have to say I’m impressed. They turned out nice and soft and really hold their shape while baking.
If you’re looking for a great gluten free red velvet sugar cookie recipe, you’ve found it. You can serve them plain or decorate them with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles. They are so delicious, you’re friends and family will never know they are gluten free!
The next cookie in the lineup is a gluten free low fat peanut butter ball covered in chocolate. You’re not gonna want to miss this one!
- 1¾ cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 3 T cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 T butter, softened
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar (can substitute lemon juice)
- 1 T red food coloring
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder and salt with a fork and set aside
- In a stand mixer, beat butter, coconut oil and sugar until well combined
- Add the whole egg and beat until incorporated, scrape the side of bowl and add egg white beating until fully incorporated
- Add vanilla extract, white vinegar and red food coloring and beat until well combined
- Slowly add the dry mixture a third at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition
- Place the dough into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours or until ready to bake
- Once you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 375°
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and form 2 T balls. Slightly flatten the balls into disks
- Place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack
- Let cookies cool completely before decorating with cream cheese frosting