“How can these cinnamon raisin cookies be so chewy and crunchy at the same time?? I’m in love!”
Oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite kinds of cookies. When I was little I loved oatmeal cookies, but I was such a picky eater … I would pick out all of the raisins!
Sometimes when I look back at my eating preferences I can’t believe how picky I was because I’ll eat just about anything now!
What makes these cookies even better than the regular oatmeal cookie is that they are loaded with cinnamon chips! (You can find them in the same section with chocolate chips.)
For some strange reason, when I’m eating oatmeal cookies, I don’t feel so guilty.
I’m not the only one that feels that way … am I? They are healthy … right??
This recipe was adapted from Hershey’s recipe for Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies by swapping out the regular flour for a gluten free all purpose flour blend.
I made 3 dozen of these bad boys and do you think they lasted long in my house? Uh, the answer is NO!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!Print
Recipe adapted from Hershey’s Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cup Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated
- Add the gluten free flour and baking soda
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon chips and raisins
- Drop heaping teaspoons onto the parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack