The 12 Days of Gluten Free Christmas Goodies
Can you believe Christmas is only a week away? The holidays seemed to last so much longer when we were young! The 12 Days of Gluten Free Christmas Goodies is half way over and guess what? With all of this baking, I haven’t gotten hardly any Christmas shopping done!
The 7th goody on the list is Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies. Oatmeal cookies are one of those cookies that totally reminds me of the holiday season. I’m not sure if it’s considered a holiday cookie, but they sure remind me of Christmas time. When I was little, I loved oatmeal cookies, but I was such a picky eater, I would pick out all of the raisins! Sometimes when I look back at my eating preferences I can’t believe how picky I was because I’ll eat just about anything now!
Don’t you just love a good cinnamon raisin oatmeal cookie? I sure do. For some strange reason, when I’m eating oatmeal cookies, I don’t feel so guilty. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels that way, am I?
This recipe was adapted from Hershey’s recipe for Oatmeal Cinnamon Chips Cookies by swapping out the regular flour for a gluten free all purpose flour blend. I made 3 dozen of these bad boys and do you think they lasted long in my house? Uh, the answer is NO!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1½ cup Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated
- Add the gluten free flour and baking soda
- Stir in the oats, cinnamon chips and raisins
- Drop heaping teaspoons onto the parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack