“It’s amazing how moist and fluffy gluten free chocolate chip pumpkin cookies can be. They are delicious!”
These gluten free pumpkin cookies are loaded with yummy chocolate chips!
Pumpkin and chocolate go great together!
Gluten free baking is easier than ever thanks to pre-made all purpose gluten free flours! I used the Pillsbury brand to make these but pretty much any brand will do the trick.
I’ve got a recipe for gluten free all purpose flour if you’d like to make your own.
I used Pillsbury Gluten Free flour with this recipe and they turned out very nice.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, canola oil, applesauce, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Pour 1/3 of the dry mixture at a time into the wet ingredients making sure to fully combine before adding more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place mounds of the dough onto the parchment paper.
- Flatten out the mounds by smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. (The shape they are going into the oven is pretty much the shape they will be when they are done)
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool.
Try this recipe for gluten free pumpkin cookies !