Rich, chocolaty fudge brownies……ahhhh….heaven…..
There’s nothing like a homemade brownie with a glass of ice cold milk. These brownies really hit the spot when you’re craving chocolate. I must admit I’m a bit of a chocoholic….. and coffeeholic…..and red wine lover…. I tend to prefer the aforementioned goodies in their darkest form, which is what you get when you make this recipe for brownies.
I came across this recipe when I was trying to make brownies with cocoa powder instead of chocolate. I found it on the website www.healthy-delicious.com. They have a recipe for chocolate brownies with vanilla salt that I modified a little bit to make these brownies. I left out the chocolate chips, instant coffee and the vanilla salt because I didn’t have any on hand. The next time I make brownies I am going to follow the original recipe because they look and sound absolutely amazing. I’ve never made vanilla salt but I’m sure it will be one of my new staples once I do. It sounds so versatile and so delicious!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for fudge brownies. They are a bit bitter because of the cocoa powder but I think it makes it go even better with the milk. If you want a little more sweetness, add some chocolate chips to the mix before you bake them.
How do you like your brownies? Dense and fudgy or light and cake-like?Print
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° and line an 8 x 8 pan with lightly greased parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper just grease and flour the pan. (I use cocoa powder to flour the pan instead of all purpose flour)
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the flour and cornstarch together.
- Mix in the sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in the oil, water, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture into pan and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.