Are you looking for an easy chicken and rice casserole recipe?
Well keep on reading because I’ve got the best chicken and rice casserole that’s gonna knock your socks off!
Let’s face it, everyone loves casseroles because they are delicious and too easy to put together. This is one is no exception.
It combines seasoned chicken with white rice, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise and a few other goodies to create a flavor combination straight from heaven.
Whether you’ve got 2 people to feed or 8, this dish can be doubled or tripled to feed even the biggest families. Trust me, I know a thing or two about large families…
It makes for great left overs too!
This casserole will save you time in the kitchen because you can easily make it ahead of time and create a freezer meal. You’ll just need to transfer it to the fridge the same morning so it’s thawed out by the time you get home from work.
Who wants to cook huge meals when you’ve been working all day long?? You’ll love having a homemade meal that you can pop right into the oven when you get home. Dinner will be ready in less than an hour!
As we say in Louisiana … Dat’s good!Print
Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and then brown in olive oil over medium heat.
- Mix the cooked rice, melted butter and seasonings together in a large bowl.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, milk and mayonnaise together in a separate bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of the liquid mixture onto the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Next spread the rice mixture evenly over the cream of mushroom mixture.
- Spread the chicken on top of the rice and then cover with the remaining sauce.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the top of the casserole is fluffy and golden.
If your family loves chicken pasta casseroles, you’ve gotta try my other casserole recipes!