Dark chocolate covered sweet potato chips are one of my go to snacks when I want something sweet and salty at the same time. Only three ingredients are needed and they are ready in about ten minutes. The sweet potato chips used to make these are store bought, not homemade. This is because of my numerous failed attempts to make them. Never the less, they are perfect for when you want something quick and easy.
I’m not quite sure how many times I’ve attempted to make my own sweet potato chips but each attempt has been painfully unsuccessful. I do need to add the fact that I’ve only tried baking them, not frying. It is a very, very rare occasion that I fry anything. With all that being said, I’m not giving up. When I do find the perfect way to make them, I’ll have to come back and let you know. I’ve always loved a good challenge!
- 1 bag of sweet potato chips
- 12 oz. dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave on high for one minute
- Stir and then continue to heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted
- Stir the coconut oil into the melted chocolate
- Dip the ends of the sweet potato chips into the chocolate and then place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Place the sheet in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to set the chocolate