Chocolate is definitely my weakness and there’s not a damn thing I’m gonna do about it! Put a Reese’s peanut butter cup in front of me and I have little to no control over my actions. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups totally hit the spot when it comes to satisfying a hard core chocolate craving. These little guys are surprisingly easy to make if you have a little patience. Just a little bite of heaven to reward yourself after a long hard day.Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups make a great Valentines Day present too. Forget about those pre-made boxes of mixed chocolates. Make up a batch of these beautiful chocolate confections and put them in a pretty little box to surprise your sweetie. I’m sure your Valentine will love them and probably be happy to share the love!
They are so rich and decadent, it’s hard to resist them. Life’s too short to not eat chocolate!
- 10 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 4-5 tablespoons almond butter
- almond pieces for garnishing
- Place cupcake liners in mini cupcake baking sheet
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl
- Heat in the microwave on high heat for 1 minute
- Stir the chocolate, if it is not fully melted, place back into the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted
- Place ½ teaspoon of the melted chocolate into each liner
- Place the sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate
- Remove the sheet
- Working on one at a time, place a ½ teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the set chocolate, place a ¼ teaspoon of almond butter into the middle of the chocolate. Place another teaspoon of chocolate to cover the almond butter and then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Repeat the process for each one
- Put the tray in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set the chocolate