The 12 Days of Gluten Free Christmas Goodies
Number 4 on the list this year is Candied Rosemary Nuts. This is a healthy on the go snack that you can easily throw in your purse or backpack. It’s holiday shopping season so don’t get caught off guard! Be prepared to fight off those hunger pains with a baggie full of these candied rosemary nuts.
This is a healthier version of the delicious holiday treat. It has half the sugar than most recipes, but the addition of rosemary gives these tiny little morsels a twist that will satisfy even the strongest sugar cravings!
They roast up in no time and stay fresh for days. They make an excellent Christmas gift too!
Enjoy this gluten free snack during the holidays or any time of the year!
- 1 egg white
- 1 T water
- 2 cups nuts ( any variety)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg white with water
- Pour the nuts into the egg white mixture and toss to coat
- Add the brown sugar and rosemary and toss again to make sure the nuts are coated evenly
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Store in an airtight container